Comprehensive Diabetes Care
The Center for Diabetes and Endocrine Care
The outpatient Center for Diabetes and Endocrine Care at Rush Oak Park Hospital serves adults with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. It is one of a select group of diabetes education programs in Illinois that is Recognized by the American Diabetes Association.* A team of specialists that includes endocrinologists, internal medicine specialists, nurse practitioners, nurses and a registered dietitian strive to keep your complications in check through ongoing management of the disease, early detection of complications and a team approach to managing your care.
This team collaborates with other specialists, such as cardiologists, ophthalmologists, podiatrists, nephrologists and neurologists, to address your specific needs and to prevent or deal with complications using a customized day-to-day management plan.
You receive an individualized plan to manage the daily challenges of diabetes and make healthy decisions about eating, exercising, measuring glucose levels and taking medications. For most patients, this plan includes:
- Education tailored to your individual lifestyle and needs, and group classes
- Insulin pump education
- Conscientious attention to weight control, nutrition and exercise, including a medically monitored weight loss program
- Phone calls from team members to help you with your individual challenges
- Reinforcement through the Center's Goal Keeper program
- Support groups for you if you are on insulin pumps and for your family.
For information or to make an appointment, call 708-660-INFO (4636).