Book a speaker
Rush Oak Park Hospital is home to experts on a wide range of health care topics who love to spread the word about better health by speaking to civic groups, nonprofit organizations and other gatherings. A number of our speakers are Rush Oak Park Hospital physicians who are also on staff at Rush University Medical Center and are researchers as well as practicing doctors. They’re able to share information about new research and technological advances.
Recent presentations have covered the following topics:
- Strategies for preventing strokes
- The local impact of the opioid crisis
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- Healthy habits to help prevent and manage diabetes
- What to do if your child is a picky eater
- The basics of contraception and STD prevention for teens
- Solutions for pelvic floor disorders
If you’d like to schedule a speaker on these or other health-related topics for an upcoming meeting or event, please contact Nathaniel Powell, project coordinator for community health and benefit, at (708) 660-2005 or by email.
Host a health screening
Simple screenings are a great way to educate, and can encourage people to seek follow-up care for conditions like hypertension and diabetes. If your organization would like to host a health screening, please contact Nathaniel Powell at (708) 660-2005 or by email.