Rush University Surgeons specialists offer the following services in Oak Park:
- Gastric bypass surgery: The surgeon blocks off part of your stomach and attaches the remaining pouch directly to the small intestine. This means food bypasses parts of the intestine that usually absorb calories.
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: The surgeon removes part of the stomach, leaving a small sleeve-shaped stomach tube that limits food intake.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB): The surgeon places an adjustable silicone band around the upper portion of the stomach to limit its size.
- Anti-reflux surgery: The surgeon re-creates the valve between the esophagus and stomach, limiting acid exposure in the esophagus.
- Hiatal hernia repair: The surgeon repairs a defect in the diaphragm that can allow the stomach or other intra-abdominal organs to travel into the chest. (This is often combined with an anti-reflux procedure.)