The Emergency Department at Rush Oak Park Hospital provide the following services:
- Adult and pediatric emergency medicine: We take care of all ages with kindness and compassion 24 hours a day.
- Life-saving stroke care: We are a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center because of our success in caring for patients with stroke symptoms.
- Expert heart attack care: We provide prompt intervention to prevent or treat heart attacks. In fact, we consistently beat national standards for the time it takes us to open blocked arteries, which means we save more heart muscle — and lives.
- Orthopedic surgery: For broken bones, ligament tears and other injuries that may require surgery, we offer high-quality orthopedic care with advanced surgical options.
- State-of-the-art intensive care: Our ICU is equipped with the latest advances in critical care.
- Advanced imaging: Our new ultrasound and CT (computerized tomography) scan suites are located just a few feet from our new emergency department. The CT suite houses a new top-of-the-line CT scanner with enhanced cardiac capabilities, and the ultrasound suite consists of four ultrasound scan rooms and two handicap-accessible bathrooms.