The Skilled Care Unit (or Skilled Nursing Unit) at Rush Oak Park Hospital provides skilled nursing care following a hospital stay for patients who are not physically ready to return home or to a long-term care facility. Our focused medical care, compassionate staff and effective therapies have helped our Skilled Care Unit earn five-star quality ratings and national recognition.
- Comforts of home
- Compassionate, multispecialty team
- Expert leadership
- Immediate access to all hospital services
- Licensed and accredited
- Medicare eligibility
- Nationally recognized stroke recovery services
- Ongoing support for your caregivers
- Pet therapy
- Superior patient satisfaction rates and recoveries
- Supportive discharge planning
- You’re part of the family
Our partnership with Rush University Medical Center, one of the country’s premier academic medical centers, means you have seamless access to advanced technology and top specialists, including many who practice both at Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital. The Medical Center also utilizes our expertise as their preferred Skilled Care Unit and refers many patients here.