At Rush, we know that understanding the cost of health care can be complicated. We are committed to helping you understand the complexities of these costs.
Rush is committed to price transparency. Price transparency is clear, easy-to-understand information about hospital charges. This information can help you make educated decisions about receiving health care services here.
The chart below shows the price for common services at Rush Oak Park Hospital. These are hospital prices only and do not include professional services provided by physicians, surgeons, radiologists or other providers. The cost to the patient may vary based insurance, benefits and amounts already paid towards coinsurance and deductibles.
|Observation, first hour||$540|
|Observation, each additional hour||$31|
|Emergency room visit, level 3 (urgent, not life threatening)||$1,007|
Prices effective July 1, 2019
The following are the cash prices for COVID-19 testing at Rush Oak Park Hospital:
|Telephone evaluation and management service by a physician or other qualified health care professional (11-20 minutes)||$100.00|
|Online digital evaluation and management by physician or other qualified health care professional (11-20 minutes)||$47.00|
|Lab Test for COVID-19||$125.00|
|Lab Test for COVID-19 Amplified Probe Technique||$200.00|
|Lab Test for COVID-19 IgG Antibodies||$166.00|
Tests performed as part of ambulatory or emergency room visits will be accompanied by additional charges which will be priced separately. Uninsured patients will be eligible for financial assistance. Patients may call (312) 942-5693 for any questions related to billing and charging for services related to COVID-19.
As part of our effort to increase price transparency, you can also review our standard charges below, which include the prices for a comprehensive list of services at Rush Oak Park Hospital.
- Procedure charges [XLSX | CSV]
- Average hospital inpatient charges by Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Group (MSDRG) [XLSX | CSV]
- Supply pricing for known supplies charged in 2019 [XLSX | CSV]
- Pharmacy pricing for known drugs charged in 2019 [XLSX | CSV]
Cost to the patient
Prices are the same for all patients regardless of insurance status or types of coverage.
These prices do not reflect what you will ultimately pay out of pocket. You will likely only be responsible for a percentage of this cost. There are several different factors that determine your cost for health care services you receive.
- Insurance coverage and benefits: This is the amount that your insurance provider has contractually agreed to pay Rush for services you receive. Your benefits also detail the types of services that your insurer will cover.
- Out-of-pocket costs: This is the portion of the cost of care that you are responsible for through co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance. Insurance providers typically define the maximum amount that a patient will pay in a given benefit year.
- Quality of care: At Rush we pride ourselves in providing you with the high-quality care, and we invest in the resources we need to ensure that you receive the best care possible.
We’re here to help
While we are committed to sharing our standard charges, we also know that you may have questions about the cost of care you receive at Rush.
A customer service representative is available to answer your questions about your hospital bill and payment-related concerns. Contact our toll free number (866) 761-7813 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The following publications, developed by the Healthcare Financial Management Association, may also help you better understand the standard charges:
- Avoiding Surprises in Your Medical Bills, available in English and Spanish.
- Understanding Healthcare Prices: A Consumer Guide, available in English and Spanish.
As part of Rush’s mission to provide comprehensive, coordinated health care to our patients, we offer several financial assistance programs to help patients who are uninsured or who may have difficulty paying balances due after insurance.
Learn more about financial assistance services at Rush Oak Park Hospital.